About Athletes to End Alzheimer's
Team ATEA runners meet up regularly to pound the pavement as part of their group training runs in Central Park and elsewhere in NYC.
In its fifth year, Team ATEA is offering 75 runners an opportunity to run the 2014 TCS New York City Marathon while fundraising for the Alzheimer’s Association, NYC Chapter. Each of our team members has a story of how Alzheimer’s or a related dementia has affected his or her family and friends.
What We Provide
Team ATEA has three primary goals:
- Training program (online or in person provided by Asphalt Green)
- Web tools (customizable fundraising web page, email templates, etc)
- Numerous meetings, calls and email correspondence, tips and advice
- Race Day Triathlon suit (one or two piece)
- Education on Alzheimer’s disease, the work our Association does and how to get others involved
- Kick Off meeting Thank You Reception
- Any support you may need along the way
Our team provides its members with training guidance, fundraising assistance, social gatherings, web tools and race-day transportation and support. To learn more about the Alzheimer's Association, NYC Chapter programs and services,
please click here.
If you have any questions about Team ATEA, please contact Elizabeth Hodges at Ehodges@alznyc.org